Mediocre is boring, its forgettable. Here are 5 tips to elevate your trip to Athens and make it spell perfection
1. Check the weather…. you dont want rainy days to ruin your pictures, its all about memorabilia. But you also want to avoid the crowds. May end and first week of june, is a perfect balance between the two.
2. Pictures, pictures and more pictures….you are spending a night in the world’s oldest democracy. Living amongst the goddesses. Carry flowy gowns, and rustic jewellery for that perfect greek goddess shots. Athens has the most ancient monuments . So dont miss your chance for that perfect instagram worthy shot.
3. No canned sauces…. If you crave for fresh bell peppers, the saltiness of olives and more than just a few bits of feta, you are in the right place. The fresh feta is the hero here. Mythos is the local beer .
Tip- being vegetarian, my favourite is the Yamista. I could not have enough of it.
4. The place to stay. Choose a hotel with a view of Acropolis, the most popular structure in the city. You can choose from a range of hotels, from 5 star to boutique.
Tip- check out the Acropolis view hotel. That is where we stayed.
5. The things you cant miss- The Acropolis museum, the Plaka NIGHTLIFE, are the things inwouldnt miss for the world. The museum has glass floor, through which you can see the actual remains, ( reminds you of the MUMMY). The plaka area is known for nightlife and some shopping.
P.S. Dont forget to collect greek jewellery, mythos can, and a fridge magnet with Acropolis! LET ATHENA GUIDE YOU!