The vaccine is here and the skies are opening again. Dubai is open to tourists, and its a perfect covid vacation. Here’s all you need to know about a covid vacation in This beautiful city.
1. SAFETY: The sanitisation standards are extremely high in Dubai. All the tourists are required to get Rt pcr test within 72 hours of boarding the flight to Dubai. You will again get tested at the airport before immigration. This means any resort you pick, 100 percent of the crowd is tested. Children below 12 are exempted. All this makes Dubai safe for children and elderly to visit.
Tip: check with your airline carrier for authorised centres for covid test. Make sure you get tested from one of the authorised centers only. Information for emirates airlines is available on their website.
2. What you need: You need an e visa if travelling from India. You can apply through vfs global. If travelling from other countries check for specific visa requirements. If you have a valid US visa, you can opt for visa on arrival. An rt pcr from an authorised center within 72 hours of departure.
Tip: the requirements keep changing. Check for the latest requirements with the airline you book.
3. Which airline to book- There’s a reason why emirates is one of the best airlines in the world. The safety standards are extremely high. They are extremely baby friendly. The airline also offers a free covid insurance in case you test positive. The quarantine cost and medical cost, both are covered. Indigo is another good option from India . The airline is extremely professional and one of the safest airlines in the world.
Tip: check with your specific carrier for options.
NOW FOR THE FUN BIT
4. Where to stay: Dubai offers endless options. Depending on the budget you can choose what suits your requirements. Book directly from the hotels as a number of distress deals are available. IF you are looking for a family resort Atlantis is a great option. World class food, aquarium, beach, pool etc. Everything is operational. So you can just check in and the ride begins. If you want the best night life 5 Palms Jumeirah is the place to be. With a number of pools, the best rooftop bar and a beach side hookah bar, its popular amongst the young for all the right reasons.
5. PLACES TO DINE-:
a) CHEESE CAKE FACTORY DUBAI
b) NAMMOS FOUR SEASONS DUBAI
c) COLT CAFE DUBAI MALL
d) MAIDEN SHANGHAI 5 PALMS JUMEIRAH
e) CE LA VI
f) NOBU ( Atlantis)
G) Breadstreet Kitchen and bar by Gordon Ramsey
TOP SHEESHA LOUNGES
1.CINQUE ( FIVE Palm Jumeirah)
2. Al MAKAN (Medinat)
1. On return to India you again need an rt pcr from authorized center in UAE. Most hotels have a tie up for the same. Book a slot on arrival to avoid landing up in soup.
2. Indians travelling to India need to register themselves on air Suvidha app and fill exemption form more than 48 hours before departure. You well get confirmation of the same on your email. If you fail to do this, you will have to get your test reports verified by a doctor before leaving the airport, which means more delays.
KEEP A PRINTOUT OF ALL YOUR VISAS AND TICKETS AND AIR SUVIDHA EXEMPTION FORM HANDY UPON ARRIVAL TO INDIA.